Join our Team
If you are looking for a career – not just a job – Goddard is the place for you! Please contact us today for a candid conversation about how you can join our team. We can be reached by email or phone: Jobs@GoddardTech.com or 978-524-8884.
Senior Electrical Engineer
Goddard is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer with 5-10 years of experience to join the new electrical engineering team in our Beverly, MA office.
In this role, we will ask you to:
- Lead research, development, design, test and integration of electronic and electro-mechanical efforts for medical products, consumer products and commercial equipment.
- Be a mentor to associate engineers.
- Eagerly take on new challenges and work independently.
- Assist in defining the culture for Goddard’s electrical engineering team.
- Practice clear and direct communication with management and customers.
- Manage tasks for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Define priorities with limited guidance according to program objectives.
- Lead customer meetings to obtain detailed information related to project requirements.
- Identify problems and formulate solutions, collect data and develop test procedures to prove or dis-prove failures and solutions.
- Perform formal release of documentation in support of manufacturing, meeting quality and regulatory requirements for medical devices.
- Assist in writing proposals, including development of tasks and costs.
It would be great if you had experience with:
- Interfacing with customers and leading customer meetings
- Managing requirements and troubleshooting complex issues
- Medical device development
- Industrial controls
- Using and/or designing motors and/or motor drives
- Designing and developing complex analog and digital electrical systems from concept through to production
- Developing embedded systems
- Firmware development in C/C++
- Designing wireless devices, antennas or other RF applications
- Python, LabView or MATLAB
- Linux command-line
You are a strong communicator, creative thinker and team player.
You are looking for an opportunity for professional growth.
You are excited at the prospect of working on a diverse array of projects.
You are energized by tackling tough challenges.
Founded in 1997, Goddard is a full-service engineering and industrial design firm specializing in the development of medical technology, life science and industrial products. Drawing from the collective expertise of its experienced designers and engineers, Goddard’s mission is to deliver outstanding solutions that positively impact lives. We have offices in Beverly, MA and San Diego, CA.
Why you should join us:
- Project diversification: Our teams have helped to re-imagine and build products ranging from implantable heart pumps to boat monitors to flying cars.
- On-site partnership model: Our engineers become a part of our clients’ team. Many of our clients opt to host our engineers on-site for the duration of their project. Every Friday, the entire Goddard staff gathers at our Beverly headquarters to discuss projects. The upshot? No matter where you are, you’re always supported by the whole team.
- We care about culture: From our “dress-for-your-day” policy to Beer Tuesdays, we believe in taking care of our teammates.