Life Sciences and Diagnostics
Where engineering meets biochemistry.
We have worked with leaders in biochemical research to enable new lab processes, build modular systems, and empower rapid sample processing. By teaming up with an experienced product developer, healthcare companies can:
- Support throughput and adoption with modern design features
- Accelerate time to market while meeting regulations
- Design and build without taking on the cost of a full-time staff
Experience in Life Sciences & Diagnostics Development
With a proven track record of bringing advances in life sciences and biomedical technologies to life, our design and engineering teams have helped to develop a broad array of products – from automated processes for pharmaceuticals to pathogen detection systems. Here’s a small sampling of the life sciences technologies that our engineering and design teams have contributed to:
- Automated liquid handling
- Large molecule pharmaceutical manufacturing
- DNA PCR systems
- Cell collection devices
- Custom bioreactor development
- Bioprocess filter systems
- Chromatography systems
- Complex disposable tube sets
- Pathogen detection systems
Bringing innovative technologies out of the lab and onto the market.
The team at Goddard has led and supported the development of innovative and life-saving technologies across life sciences fields, with a keen eye for regulatory compliance, user experiences, and improving overall quality.
HAI Pill Cutter
Goddard committed to helping engineer the HAI Pill Cutter because we believed it could meet a serious unmet need: the treatment of pediatric tuberculosis in underdeveloped countries. A global healthcare startup engaged with our team to create a pill-cutting device that could reliably cut pills into controlled doses that were scaled appropriately for children. We created a T-shaped pill-cutter that produces two ¼-doses and one 1/2-dose of medication from a single pill.
Goddard partnered with Perkin Elmer to take a legacy benchtop product and transform it into a modular, automated platform that could scale to thirteen unique versions of the system. After developing hundreds of unique concepts, Goddard eventually engineered a product that integrated Perkin Elmer’s existing visual brand language and included new stand-out features. Two years following Janus’ launch, sales for the newly-reimagined product were up 90%.
We believe important problems deserve thoughtful solutions.
- Talk to us – we’ll work together to understand your project’s needs and identify how we can best collaborate.
- Let’s make a plan – we’ll craft a team of experienced engineers and designers to help you overcome your product development challenges.
- Get to work – we’ll work with you to bring your project over the finish line.