Medical Device Development
Let’s bring life-saving medical technology out of the lab and onto the market.
Our team is passionate about creating impactful medical devices that prioritize quality and user-centered design. By partnering with a team of skilled product development experts, medical technology companies can –
- Meet FDA regulations while accelerating time to market
- Leverage collaborative expertise from experienced industry professionals
- Design and build without taking on the cost of a full-time staff
Experience in Medical Device Development
Here’s a small sampling of the medical devices that our engineering and design teams have contributed to:
- Orthopedic surgical instruments
- Operating room tables
- Drug delivery devices
- Aerosol inhalers
- Wound care
- Sharps safety (syringes and IV needles)
- Disposable blood infusion kits
- Implantable heart pumps
- Cardiac access devices (femoral and brachial)
- Powered orthopedic drills
- Medical disposables
- Imaging system hardware
- Surgical robotics
- Robotic instrumentation
- Consumer healthcare devices
Featured Medical Device Projects
MIS Hip Distractor System
Goddard partnered with Arthrex to improve a device that enables a new approach for hip replacement surgery. Our team of engineers took a system that was unintentionally injuring patients and ultimately created a device that improved the user experience and kept patients safe. This two-year program resulted in a hip distraction system that remains the best-selling device of its kind on the market.
Goddard was engaged with Briggs Belt to help bring to life a device that could provide fall protection for seniors. This device (a belt with airbags that deploy when it detects a user is falling) was filled with complex mechanical challenges – like building a sensor that can differentiate between a simple stumble and a dangerous fall.
We believe important problems deserve thoughtful solutions.
- Talk to us – we’ll work together to understand your project’s needs and identify how we can best collaborate.
- Let’s make a plan – we’ll craft a team of experienced engineers and designers to help you overcome your product development challenges.
- Get to work – we’ll work with you to bring your project over the finish line.