Medical Device Development
Industry expertise that enables medical device developers to bring life-saving technology out of the lab and onto the market.
At Goddard, we understand that truly impactful medical devices prioritize quality and user-centered design. By partnering with our team of skilled medical device development experts, medical technology companies can:
- Gain collaborative expertise from our team of industry professionals;
- Meet FDA regulations while accelerating time to market;
- Ensure precision and quality in every product development phase;
- Design and build without taking on the cost of full-time staff.
Experience in Medical Device Development
Goddard blends diverse expertise in industrial design, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, software engineering, and human factors engineering, helping medical device developers to meet their product development timelines objectives and achieve their mission.
Here’s a small sampling of the medical devices that our engineering and design teams have contributed to:
- Orthopedic surgical instruments
- Operating room tables
- Drug delivery devices
- Aerosol inhalers
- Wound care
- Sharps safety (syringes and IV needles)
- Disposable blood infusion kits
- Implantable heart pumps
- Cardiac access devices (femoral and brachial)
- Powered orthopedic drills
- Medical disposables
- Imaging system hardware
- Surgical robotics
- Robotic instrumentation
- Consumer healthcare devices
Featured Medical Device Projects
More than 20 years of experience developing medical technologies.
The product developers at Goddard have helped lead and support the development of life-saving medical technologies by applying our team’s multidisciplinary design and engineering expertise.
MIS Hip Distractor System
Goddard partnered with Arthrex to improve a device that enables a new approach for hip replacement surgery. Our team of engineers took a system that was unintentionally injuring patients and ultimately created a medical device that improved the user experience and kept patients safe. This two-year program resulted in a hip distraction system that remains the best-selling device of its kind on the market.
Goddard was engaged with Briggs Belt to help bring to life a device that could provide fall protection for seniors. This device (a belt with airbags that deploy when it detects a user is falling) was filled with complex mechanical challenges – like building a sensor that can differentiate between a simple stumble and a dangerous fall.
Let’s Work Together
- Talk to us – We’ll work together to understand your project’s needs and identify how we can best collaborate.
- Let’s make a plan – We’ll craft a team of experienced engineers and designers to help you overcome your medical device development challenges.
- Get to work – We’ll work with you to bring your medical device project over the finish line.